Friday, August 13, 2010

Waiting, Almost Impatiently

I LOVE to travel. If there was another word that could explain my passion for seeing the world, I would use it. Obsessed? In LOVE? Whatever best explains this deep desire flowing through my veins, that's it. That's the word.

Most people I know feel the same way about traveling. I mean who doesn't love to travel? It's the greatest feeling being placed in a foreign environment where you learn new things, see and experience a whole new way of life, and most of all.... Meet people that change your life. Forever.

I made a decision to go to France this year. To live in France! OOOH how wonderful does that sound? A dream? I think so!

Before I made the decision to go to France, I made the decision to go to Whitworth. Once I decided on France, Whitworth was out the window. That is how I work. I jump around like I have my head cut off until I feel pleased with my decisions. Sometimes I jump from one thing to the next, one emotion to the next, one decision to the next, hoping that one day I will get it all right. In hope that one day I will reach ultimate contentment. You can guess where that gets me...

No where near ultimate contentment.
In June I made the rash decision to go to France. I thought it sounded like the best idea yet! Traveling a whole 9 months! Learning another language! Learning more about life and myself! That is what I need most..To learn about life and myself.

When I was in India, the best part was that I knew what I was doing was so so so RIGHT. That where I was, was exactly where I should be. Where God wanted me to be.

Ever since I have been home, not having that feeling, makes me feel like I am running around with my head cut off.

I made the decision to go to France all by myself. I can't do life all by myself, and once I realized that, I realized it was time to pray.

I began to pray a couple of weeks ago to make sure that I was supposed to go to France. I was putting it off for so long, because I was afraid that I would get an answer I didn't want. Because deep down I knew that I was probably not supposed to go.

The first decision I made NOT all by myself was to go to India. BEST decision I have ever made or should I say we ( God and me)? That is where I learned that ultimate contentment does in fact, exist.

After I started praying for guidance and answers, I got my acceptance letter to Whitworth.

DECISIONS! I am terrible at decisions...Now, I am left with two great options. UGH!

When I decided to go to France, the thought of going away seemed so great. But, that is just it...I am going away. Going away from what? Fears, decisions, growing up? I'm not sure exactly which one. I'm starting to question why I even wanted to go in the first place. I am starting to seem a little selfish...

I can't just do things because they are fun, I wish I could but I just can't.

So now I am here, waiting for an answer. Scared, that I might make the wrong decision...So what is going to be Hillary, Whitworth or France?

All this thinking and praying, has left me in a place of stress and worry.

I watched this today and sincerely laughed. I just love this video. It made me feel better.


2 comments:

  1. You should call me. I have been hanging out with some Whitworth kids lately here in Spokane...and they are BEAUTIFUL people. :) The school sounds cooler and cooler....now did i just make your decision harder?! :) I can see you in either place thriving...so keep praying. Sometimes, when I think about God's will, my head spins...kind of like you were talking about. :) But a prayer that has been really helpful is just like....God help me make MY decisions in line with things like forgiveness, love, peace, thoughtfulness etc....and then God, help me to let go of the outcomes....because our world is crazy when it comes to outcomes and I never understand them. Anyway, I had just heard this last weekend from Tina that you were planning to go to France...that is an awesome option too. :)Now that I've written you a book....:) Love you Hill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Hillary, after reading this, I remember how torn I was when I was choosing whether to stay at Ozark, or go to UCA. It was a hard decision, but I was told by someone that no matter which way I chose, God would bless either path. Its kinda comforting to know that whichever you chose isn't necessarily wrong. If one option makes you feel more selfish or just doesn't feel right at all, it may be smart to reconsider. But on the other hand, my mom made me feel like an extremely selfish person when I went to Europe to travel, she didn't support it at all, but I still went because it was the opportunity of a lifetime. In her opinion, I was being selfish, make sure you take into account "good advice" and not just "opinions"

    I love you tons Hill! this life can get crazy to navigate through, but your doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete