Monday, August 9, 2010

On Top


I went backpacking on Friday and Saturday.

Hiking at fast speeds up a mountain with a backpack on might not be the best feeling physically, but the moment I saw that special place where I could call home for next 24 hours, reminded me of why I put my body through this.

Ah yes.... The top.
The view. The air. The clear, fresh lake. The height. The nature.

The best part?...Knowing that at the bottom of the mountain are worries, deadlines, stresses, struggles, and work.

But right now, I am on the top. On the top enjoying God's gift to man. Leaving everything else behind.



2 comments:

  1. I know that feeling. I am glad you had fun darling. i love you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could've been there! backpacking is so great! Your awesome Hillary! Love you tons

    ReplyDelete