Thursday, May 20, 2010

Love

I went to Spokane for the night to visit my sister. Her boyfriend of 2 years broke up with her and it hurts me to see her hurt.

Love is so messy and complicated.
Not one person can tell another I will love you forever, and really know in the end that they WILL love that person FOREVER.
When people give their hearts away, it is a HUGE deal. By giving your heart away, you are saying, "here take all of me, to love me forever and ever, or to break my heart into a million pieces.

Love is two extremes. Love is unexpected.

I feel for those who hurt. Loss is hard.

Today I realized that I am so lucky to have a God that I can completely give my heart and no matter what he will never break it into a tiny little pieces. I hope my sister finds that out for herself, because it makes loving so much easier to know that no matter who comes and goes I have someone who loves me unconditionally, forever.

2 comments:

  1. it must be so hard to be a sister watching your sister go through that. this song is so good...tell your sister.
    the lyrics are like this--it's by Jesus Culture

    Nothing can separate
    Even if I ran away
    Your love never fails

    Chorus:
    You stay the same through the ages
    Your love never changes
    There maybe pain in the night but joy comes in the morning

    And when the oceans rage
    I don't have to be afraid
    Because I know that You love me
    Your love never fails

    Verse 2:
    The wind is strong and the water's deep
    But I'm not alone in these open seas
    Cause Your love never fails

    The chasm is far too wide
    I never thought I'd reach the other side
    But Your love never fails

    Bridge:
    You make all things work together for my good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how she must hurt inside! We've talked about this kind of hurt, me and you. Its one of the worst kinds. But I completely agree, its the greatest knowing that Jesus loves us, completely. After reading The Desire of Ages, I love Jesus on a whole new level. He's just AMAZING! She's lucky to have a sister like you, I hope she's not to closed up to listen to your counsel. It'll seem like forever, but she'll slowly get better and better

    ReplyDelete