Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Accomplishment

I am not the best student.
I have always considered myself the "average" student.
Whether this is true or not, this is what I have told myself for a long time.

Monday, I felt different.

Gary Wiss is my Research Writing teacher, and anyone who knows who he is, knows that he is tough. He asks a lot from his students. It was pretty apparent that Gary's class would be a lot of work when I received his 40 page syllabus the first day of the quarter.

It has been assignment after assignment after assignment in his class. I am proud to say I have not missed ONE of his class periods.

Now, it is the end of the quarter and all my assignments have been handed in, and I am now in the process of editing my final research paper.

It feels good to be almost finished, but that isn't even the best part....

As I sat in class on Monday, I noticed I was one of the few still enrolled in the class, or at least still attending the class. I felt proud to be one of those students!

I truly feel like an all around better student because of Gary's class, he gives me the feeling of accomplishment. For once, I don't feel like just an "average" student anymore.

3 comments:

  1. Hillary, this is so crazy because these are the EXACT feelings I felt when I took that class from Gary. He is so tough...but so amazing at the same time. I think the awesome thing is that he expects a lot...but he also believes that he can expect that much out of you because he knows you're capable. He is one of the few teachers that I remember telling me that I was smart over and over again. It was an awesome feeling. It is an awesome feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you! You are awesome Hillary! I'm proud of you! Research writing classes are really hard work. Way to stick with it. Your definitely not AVERAGE in this life by any means. Love you girl

    ReplyDelete