Monday, May 3, 2010

Bliss


I was tired today.
I looked homeless today. (No, seriously...Holes in my clothes. No shower. NOT so cute)
Today, I did terrible on a quiz and received a less than impressive test score.

Today, was just a day.

Some days I detach myself from India, because it hurts too much to think about.
Today I was so attached, I could barely lay down. I wanted to just go.
I am ready to go back. Oh, if I had the money I would be there, not a doubt in my mind.

I picture myself walking the roads, riding the rickshaws, sweating, careless, smiling, laughing at things that don't make sense, hugging my baby brother, laughing with amma, and swinging with my kids.

Today I pictured myself in complete and utter bliss.


3 comments:

  1. so achy! i love it that you loved it! and there is no way you looked bad....not poss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it'll be nice when everyone can be together

    ReplyDelete