Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Fire of Your Heart- Max Lucado


My God, I want to do what You want. Your teachings are in my heart. Psalm 40:8
Want to know God’s will for your life? Then answer this question: What ignites your heart?
Forgotten orphans? Untouched nations? The inner city? The outer limits?

Heed the fire within!

Do you have a passion to sing? Then sing! Are you stirred to manage? Then manage!
Do you ache for the ill? Then treat them! Do you hurt for the lost? Then teach them!

As a young man I felt the call to preach. Unsure if I was correct in my reading of God’s will for me, I sought the counsel of a minister I admired. His counsel still rings true. “Don’t preach,” he said, “unless you have to.”
As I pondered his words I found my answer: “I have to. If I don’t, the fire will consume me.”
What is the fire that consumes you?

2 comments:

  1. i just got chills...but i'm not sure why...but i think it's from something that stirs deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What ignites you???? -- PERFECT

    Your an inspiration Hill. I'm blessed to call you my dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete