Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Understand Me!

Ever since I have gotten back from India, I find it hard to hear the words, "me too."
Rob Bell says that the most comforting words to hear are, "me too."

He is right.

I never knew how right he was, until I couldn't find anyone who could understand me, or relate to the way I was feeling at that exact moment.

There are things I find hard to share with my family, because I know they just don't understand.
I love my family, but they cannot relate with me at this point in my life.

Last time I went to WWU, I felt like I was ready to explode if I didn't talk to someone about how I was feeling.

I spilled my heart out to Kristina and Kara, and I felt like a million pounds had been lifted off...
You know why?

"Me too."

Hearing, "Hillary, I know exactly how you are feeling," made me feel like my world made sense again.

Elliot just came home two days ago, I love having someone near who wants to talk about her time Bangladesh.

I can relate, she can understand, and I am thankful.





4 comments:

  1. Darn it. I wish I could understand. But I just have to keep on wishing. Glad there are people around you who get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Understanding is pretty scarce most of the time. We all lead such different lives from each other its difficult to really know or understand each others feelings.

    I actually just kinda wrote about this too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hill-Bill I love you, being able to talk to you and relate with you is just so amazing. We always will have a special bond, adn we will get through all this adjusting. Us and God will find a way to bring the JOy we have bottled up in us from India and Bangladesh to the surface. The lessons and things we have experienced, have changed us, not lets use them to help change anything God lets us :) I love you! Your an amazing girl. Lets see Alison Wonderland soon, and I want to get all dressed up :) he he

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was hard for me too, when I came back from Majuro. You just can't understand unless you've been overseas yourself, and I remember how good it was to talk with people that did understand. Keep talking, it's good for your soul.

    ReplyDelete