Friday, March 12, 2010

Spontaneity

I was at home asleep, when I got a text message at 5:00 am.

Elliot texted me, "Hill! Wake up! Let's go to Walla Walla today and see our friends!"

Normally, being woken up at 5:00 am would have been a pain, but I was so ready for a fun trip to spend time with a good friend, and lift some spirits at WWU for dead week!

I threw some things together jumped in my car just in time for sunrise!

I had to go to Spokane first, which was a 2.5 hr drive.

I love to drive alone. It gives me time to have my choice of music, stop when I want to enjoy the scenery, and to just talk to myself and God.

Seeing the sunrise over every hill that I passed....

Captivating.

Knowing that I had done something without thinking and having that time with God, fed my soul.

My first drive was with God and the sunrise.

Perfect.

My second drive was with a good friend and lots of talking.

Perfect.

Good things come out of spontaneity.

5 comments:

  1. Hillary...the more I read your blogs the more I am certain that we must become better friends. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm, hmm... good things. I'm sad that missed your spontaneity in the small town of WW, but I'm looking forward to seeing your bright face here in a few weeks. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hill,

    I agree, driving alone is nice sometimes when you can listen to whatever you want, enjoy Washington's gorgeous countryside, and just take a moment to thank God for it all. I can't wait to see you next. I hope I can at least give you a hug before i leave for Florida this summer. Hope ww was lots of fun. You and Elliot are such great girls!

    love you chica

    ReplyDelete