Saturday, June 16, 2012

Serenity

My relationships are one of my greatest teachers. My mom shows me how easily I can get frustrated. My dad shows me where I got my ability to start laughing and not be able to stop. My sisters show me how loving or mean I can be. My friends show me how much I can mean to a person, and how much my character can shine. My boyfriend shows me how to trust and be understanding. Without people, it would be hard to realize the strengths AND weaknesses that are so instilled in my bones.

I have learned from many situations, that I have a hard time accepting situations that I can not change. My newest teacher is my long distance relationship. Not the person, but the title of the relationship- long distance. 


If I could grab serenity in the air and pull it close to my mind and heart I would. I read through some old journals and one thing I noticed was my serenity- my disposition free from stress. Being really young was easy! 


I like the way my life works when I make my own schedule. Truth is, it never is just my schedule I am working around. So serenity runs from me in the moments where I am no longer in control.


I found this on the side of our fridge today, and in an old journal... Could not be more fitting!


"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can't change, the courage for the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." 


I guess I need both serenity and wisdom these days. 

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote and you! Thinking of you. Love kate

    ReplyDelete