Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas

This guy makes me smile... ( I think I make him smile too)
Maxx (We like to call him maxi pad)
Christmas decor in the living room
Alexis driving me around!

I got home the 22nd and surprised my family. I had two full days at home, and while I was there I really started to feel the holiday bug creep up on me. I was really sad when Christmas break started and I had to work and stay in an empty house. Christmas is my favorite time of the year, and I felt as though it was passing by me so fast, that I couldn't grab ahold of any memory-making, holiday moments.

It is the famous tradition of our home to ask for money for Christmas, skip the presents, head to Seattle, and shop till we drop.

I wanted to save my money, so Seattle for a day (because I had to return back to work) did not seem like that much fun this year... I was going to skip out on the tradition this year, but found out my unexpected Christmas present was arriving in Seattle on Christmas Eve.

My mom bought Drew a ticket to come spend Christmas with me. If anyone has ever done long distance, I praise you! It is difficult and pretty depressing...But spending this Christmas with Drew was the best gift I could have ever received. It's hard being away from the people I love, especially during the holidays.

But having Drew and my family in one room, sharing smiles back and forth, was the most beautiful place I could have ever been. I am a lucky girl. I have some amazing people in my life, and this not so Christmas break ended up being better than I could have imagined. It might not be a full three weeks of relaxing and having fun, but I got two really special days that make this year come to a blessed end.

No comments:

Post a Comment