Monday, September 19, 2011

A Camera and Two Hands

Just recently I have begun to imagine what a film would be like, if the whole movie would be simply a camera following nothing but my hands. I think about how much my hands do and the things that they come into contact with...

My hands typing simple words onto a screen.
My pen drawing stars around notes that make me contemplate the world.
Moving my hands around different hands and arms.
Lifting my hands in praise.
My hands working as a team to cook.
Slapping my knee as my laughter consumes me.
My fingers in constant motion while communicating through an iphone.
Jewelry slipping on and off as the days go by.
Meeting new hands.
Comforting.
Cleaning.
Making mistakes.
Selling.
Reading.
Placing.
Grabbing clothes.
On a yoga mat.
Dancing. my hands are always dancing.

I wonder how much I would see? Would this film bring shame? Embarrassment? Pride? Smiles? Questions? Would my hands represent the character of a Woman of God? How much do these hands of mine reveal?

My hands tell stories.
Each day.
A new story.

No comments:

Post a Comment