Sunday, April 3, 2011

Decisions, Certainty, and Everything Else I Am Terrible At

We are surrounded by familiar and new people everyday. Each person carries something special or unique with them, and most people some time in their life, make the grand decision of choosing a major.

I don't know how many times I have changed my major....Maybe three? Along with various pre-professions...

I am a Nursing major, or should I say was?

One thing I have realized about choosing a major, is that you have got to be passionate about what you are choosing! Because in most cases, we, as college students, are deciding our future. It is the little bit that we have control over.

It is the piece to the puzzle that involves decisions and certainty.

So here I am. Uncertain.

I am so thankful for the people around me that are following their passions, and their certainty is inspiring! Because without these people, I would never get to the point of knowing what I love to do, knowing what makes me spark, or knowing what I am meant to do.

I am not 100% sure of what I want to do or where I am going...That is for sure! But after many years of seeing those people who are nursing majors, I have realized that their passion is not mine. And although it is quite frightening to realize I am once again going in the wrong direction...It is going to be OK.

I have finally realized that the world doesn't just need the medical people. The best thing I can do for this world, is doing what I love and am passionate about, because that is what is going to make me come alive!

"Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, because what the world needs is people that have come alive. "


1 comment:

  1. YES> The world needs alive people. THAT IS SO TRUE. I love how that is put--find what makes YOU come alive! And then you will never work a day in your life! :)

    ReplyDelete