Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Power of a Sticky Note


I go to Life Center, an amazing non denominational church. The pastor there is phenomenal, just incredible! He is full of wisdom and inspirational words every week that I ACTUALLY get excited for the next sermon. My friends and I are always asking, "I wonder what Pastor Joe's new series is on?!" He is pretty much a celebrity amongst us Whitworthians.

The new series for the next few weeks is called "Pass it on." It is all about being a Christian and passing it on to the world. Sharing the love. Being disciples. All the good stuff we are created to do!

Last Sunday (the first day of the new series) Pastor Joe had everyone take out a handout in our programs that said "love list" above it. We were asked to take a few moments and write down a few names of people that we love that we want to come to know the Lord. It was our new prayer list. Our new mission.

We were then asked to write each name on a sticky note and put it up around the walls of the church. This church is HUGE, and after thousands of sticky notes were on the walls, the walls were covered. The church was covered in names of people that need us everyday. People that need God. In just one church, in one city, we were surrounded by thousands and thousands of people that need us to "pass it on."

I was sitting next to a really great guy that day, and he texted me last night and told me that a friend of his told him he wanted to become a Christian yesterday. After I replied with excitement, I then received a message that said " I put his name on a sticky note."

I put his name on a sticky note...goodness...that just sank right in and gave me chills all over my body.

How incredible!

1 comment:

  1. WOW Hill!!
    That is so cool! just a simple sticky note.
    I want to go to that church next time I am home :)

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete