Thursday, January 6, 2011

I never see the money that goes into my schooling. I know how EXPENSIVE college is and even how EXPENSIVE UCA was, but I never see the money. My parents have gone through a lot to get my sisters and me where we are. We have a pretty cushion life when it comes to education...Yah, I have taken out loans for college, but not that much compared to most...and who doesn't take out loans these days anyway?

My mom handed me a check for my schooling the other day. It wasn't anything new, she just laid it on the counter and said "Don't forget to take this to school tomorrow!" I looked at it, and put it away. Until a couple days ago, checks and cards were so unrealistic to me. They are things made of paper and plastic that take money away without you even seeing it. On Monday, I went to the accounting office opened the check, saw the large amount (like always, bleh...) and gave it to the student accounting lady to deposit into my account. This time it wasn't so easy. Something about that check, made me painfully guilty. Here I am taking my parents money. Not just 10 bucks but 1,000s of dollars! I am here living in this nice house, going to a beautiful school, and I don't even see the hard work and time put into that piece of paper I just deposited into my school account.

I don't know if I have ever thanked my parents once for my education. They are so hard-working, motivated, and generous! If you know my mom...She is as generous as generous gets.

Parents do a lot for nothing in return. I just don't know how they do it. I am scared to grow up, because I don't think I will ever be able to do what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment