Thursday, October 14, 2010

I see a lot of ugly everyday. I drive from one end of Spokane to the other, and I see it, everyday, on every side...ugly.
I pass by the same struggling, tattered, hurting people everyday. Sometimes I close my eyes as I drive by. Sometimes I stop. Sometimes I give. Everytime I hurt. Hurt for those who haven't been as lucky as me in this game of life.
I'm overwhelmed by the hurt of the world. All the sadness that I can't stop! I read blogs, hear stories, see and experience different worlds and I can't stop hurting and wishing that it would all go away. I want to do BIG things for Spokane. I have realized that it will be a long time until I can venture out into another country or culture and do BIG things for myself, others, and for God. It is hard to accept the fact that the people on the streets of Spokane need help too. As for now, I will do what I can for those in need around me. Because my home town is hurting too.

2 comments:

  1. homelessness haunts your soul, I feel for those people too. It makes you want to save the world somehow. But what we can do is treat them like they are worth gold, whenever we encounter them, because everyone deserves that and craves it at their deepest. We are lovers Hillary, I'm glad to know someone like you who possesses so much love and giving in their heart. Its hard to see, but the fact that we notice it, and care, and do something, or want to do something, makes us different.

    I love you! you make a difference Hillary

    ReplyDelete