Sunday, July 4, 2010

Everyday I look at the sky, take a deep breath, and thank God for revealing himself to me through his majestic work of art. Blue, gray, cloudy, starry, dark, bright, clear. No matter what the sky is dressed in, I see God. I see God creating it. I see God enjoying it. The sky makes me smile. The sky gives me faith.

"Atheist."

"Agnostic."

"How can God let so many people suffer?"

- Words and phrases I have been hearing too often.

I am not sure what to think or feel, but I think about it a lot and I feel for those struggling. Hard questions and hard decisions. I wish there was something I could say or do that could make people confident and happy in what they believe. I wish I could answer the questions of those suffering. I don't know why it is so easy for me to have faith and others to not. Sometimes I wonder why I have faith and someone else doesn't? Unfair.

For me, it's as easy as the sky.

1 comment: