Thursday, June 3, 2010

God Gift


Endure. Endure. Endure!

I talked with Troy Fitzgerald (Youth Pastor at University Church) yesterday and these were the words that came out of his mouth.

"It is time to endure."

After seeing the world, my dreams and aspirations changed. A LOT! The last four months I have been asking myself the same question almost everyday.

Why am I here?

Why am I going to school? Traveling is my best teacher.
Why am I getting a degree? My dream job does not even involve a stinkin' degree.
What is really in store for me? If I don't even know, then I shouldn't be going to school to figure it out. I should figure it out then do something.

I was supposed to talk to Troy about my mission, and we moved from India to life in just an hour. I have a lot going through my head, a lot of good exciting things happening, and right now I am antsy. I feel like Troy was a gift from God yesterday, because he said the things I needed to hear.

I love it when that happens! When God speaks directly to me through the people around me. I am glad I caught it, because God works in mysterious ways.

Now, I am enduring. Because that's what we do. We ENDURE. We accomplish. And in the end we are better people because of it.

3 comments:

  1. YES Hillary. This post brings me lots of joy... all for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O man. This speaks to me. WHY? why do we put ourselves through things we don't want to do? I just want to do what I want to do.

    But its true... we just endure.

    Lets escape... Im sick of enduring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Endure.

    What a word we love to hate, and hate to love

    ReplyDelete