Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Perspective


I read a book called "The Jesus I Never Knew."

If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.

By reading this book, a lot of things about Jesus and life were thrown into perspective for me.

I started to feel a friendship growing between Jesus and me. It felt good. It felt SO right.

I have been struggling trying to find new ways of experiencing God, and showing God to others.

There is a movie that is mentioned in the book about two little girls who find a man sleeping in their barn...They wake the man up and frantically ask him who he is. He screams "Jesus Christ, I'm Jesus Christ!"

From that point on, the girls believe he is THE JESUS. They wine and dine him. They show him unconditional love. Why wouldn't they? If Jesus was in my presence...I would want to give him my undivided attention, and all the love I could possibly give.

From their love and actions for this man, the man's heart is softened and he decides to change his life around from the mercy he has been shown.

That man was an ex-convict.
That man, was as far away from Jesus that one could possibly get.

And yet, these girls treated him like Jesus.

Inspiring!

What if we treated everyone as if they were Jesus?

I'm going to try!

2 comments:

  1. I had a hard time internally thinking this girl at work who looks like a cross between a mouse and a rabbit was 'Jesus'... she was super annoying I could hardly take it. But not matter what.. no matter what. We must love everyone like they are Jesus.

    We are smart young people we are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I want to read this book. Sometimes I have a negative react when I think I'm not up to a challenge. Especially a challenge I think is very good-like this one.

    ReplyDelete