Monday, February 22, 2010

Walla Walla

I went to Walla Walla this week. A lot can happen in one visit.

I have been praying about this Africa trip. I told God that if it was what HE wanted, then I would go, but if not I wouldn't fight it.

I found out on Thursday night that Africa wasn't going to work out. That was my answer. I'm not going to fight it.

I was happy to get an answer so quickly from God, but somewhat disappointed in my answer. I guess me wanting to go to Africa, was almost a way of running away.

I found that mission work is a drug. It's addicting.
Helping. Purpose. Adventure. The ultimate closeness to God- It's all addicting.

I have been having a hard time being back and feeling the loss of those great things. I know that I can find them here. No, I know that I WILL find them here!

So, the final plan...Walla Walla. And I'm ok with that.


4 comments:

  1. Major drag when the answer isn't what you want. But you're strong for not fighting it. You are a good example for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW I know exactly how you feel. I cannot wait to hangout and talk about our experiences and our amazing God! I love you and will call you as soon as I get back. Lets start working on when we can take a trip back to visit :) LOve you and am praying for you. Where are you living in WWU?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll be hard for you to be back. It is for everyone. There are way to many adjustments and feelings to deal with.

    Sorry things didn't work out for your second adventure. I'm going to look you up next time I'm in ww.

    love you

    Carley

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am totally stoked you'll be here. you are a fun and inspiring girl hillary.

    ReplyDelete